Journey with us to the Litchfield National Park, home to some of Australia’s most spectacular and stunning waterfalls. Enjoy the breathtaking views, iconic magnetic termite mounds and crystal clear pools. Enjoy the majestic views of the Adelaide River floodplains where guests can have the opportunity to join the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise and see these wild reptiles up close. If you’re a keen bird-watcher then come immerse in the wetlands of Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve. Home to an abundance of native wildlife and fascinating rare birds.
Allow us to show you one of our favourite places on earth… Litchfield National Park. Just over an hours drive from the city. We leave Darwin and make our way towards the world class Litchfield National Park surrounded by thick pockets of tropical rainforest, it offers cool respite from the Top End heat.
Stopping along the way you’ll have an opportunity to jump on the famous Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra) on the Adelaide River, alternatively we visit the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve’s management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll visit some incredible monolithic Magnetic Termite Mounds and then have an opportunity to cool off in one of Litchfield’s beautiful natural plunge pools like Buley Rockholes or Wangi Falls. Visit a thundering waterfall like Florence Falls or Tolmer Falls and marvel at the sheer beauty carved out amongst the rocky escarpment. Fully relaxed and rejuvenated after a day in the stunning tropical national park we make our way back to Darwin.
- Uncover the spectacular hidden waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Explore the famous cascading plunge pools of Florence Falls, nestled in monsoon forest
- Cool off in shallow pristine pools of Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls
- Get your heart racing with an apex predator close encounter on the Adelaide River, onboard the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra)
- Visit the impressive century-old Magnetic Termite Mounds located in the Litchfield National Park
- Shhh…. there’s a secret in every tour!
- Jumping Crocodile Cruise entry ticket
- National Park entry fees
- Best swimming rock pools
- Guided nature walk
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Inner city pick up and drop off service
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance is recommended
What to Bring:
- 2L Refillable water bottle
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Swimwear & towel
- Comfortable walking shoes
- All weather clothing, tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snack and meals