On arrival a welcome ceremony is
shared before guests are invited in to the home of Tamaki Maori Village. Upon
entering the magnificent 200-year-old Tawa forest guests participate in
learning the haka, poi and enjoy displays of traditional art forms. A cultural
performance unique to Aotearoa takes place before the evening ends with a hangi
buffet feast that has cooked slowly underground.
Your Evening Experience includes the following:
- Return transfers to and from central Rotorua accommodation (hotel, motel, backpacker, holiday park)
- Traditional welcoming ceremony
- Interactive tour in a pre-European village
- View the hangi meal being lifted
- Powerful and entertaining cultural performance
- Feasting on a traditional hangi buffet dinner and NZ desserts
- Water, tea, coffee, kawakawa tea (Maori native plant) included
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request
- Licensed bar available
What to bring
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable footwear
- Digital devices
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE COVID-19
At Tamaki Maori Village, we take Manaakitanga very seriously,and as responsible hosts we prioritise the safety of our guests and staff. Inorder to join our TAMAKI MAORI VILLAGE – Evening Experience, you musthave arrived in New Zealand prior to the Isolation Policy – 1.00 am on Monday 16th March.
Please note: Our Drivers will ask to see yourPassport & itinerary/ticket as proof please have this ready.
If you are meeting at our Gathering Place, please show thisdocumentation to our reservations team.
If you don’t have this documentation available unfortunately youwill be unable to join our experience.
If you arrived in New Zealandafter 1:00am on Monday 16 March unfortunately you will be unable to join our eveningexperience. Please do not come to our Meeting Point.Please contact us either by phone +64 7 3492999 or email [email protected] to cancel your reservation.