Experience the unique opportunity to snorkel up close with our resident population of these amazing creatures, Manta Rays, and SCUBA dive or snorkel the world heritage listed Ningaloo Reef!!
What is included:
-PADI dive master or instructor guiding you to the best spots at the dive and snorkel sites
-All of your equipment including full length or short wetsuits, mask/snorkel and fins (plus regulator, BCD, weights and tank if you are diving)
-Use of a spotter plane to help us locate the manta rays
-Lunch buffet on board, morning and afternoon tea and light refreshments including tea, coffee, cordial and fresh drinking water
What does the day look like:
The full day tour meets at 8:00am and returns around 3:30pm. We start by checking you in at our shop (Shop 8, Coral Bay Arcade) where we will provide you with all the equipment you need for the day. Then, we head down to the jetty on our buses to begin the days adventure! This tour includes 2 dives or 2 snorkels on the incredible Ningaloo reef. Here, we can see a variety of tropical fish, possibly turtles, sharks and definitely beautiful coral structures. In between the 2 dives/snorkels we head out into batemans bay, a sandy bottom bay and send our spotter plane out in search for manta rays. If we find mantas, you will then you will have the opportunity to snorkel with them! We will try our very best to get you as much time in the water with the manta rays. Once we have completed our manta ray interaction portion of the day we will cruise around the bay in search of other marine animals while the crew prepare lunch. We provide a buffet style lunch on board and can accommodate for any dietary requirements. Once we have filled our bellies, we head back over to the Ningaloo reef and enter the water for our final in water activity! We then head back to the jetty and finish the day back at the shop.
Start time for Snorkelers: 8:00am
Start time for Certified Divers: 8:00am
Start time for Discover Scuba Diver or Refresher: 7:30am
Information for divers:
Our dive sites are beautiful coral reef dives that have a varied depth of 4m to 12m with our average depth being at 6-8m. As the Ningaloo Reef is a fringing reef, it is quite shallow all around but filled with spectacular coral structures and marine life. All of our dives are guided dives with maximum group sizes of 8, although we typically have smaller groups. Our dives are 45-50 minutes long and the average visibility in Coral Bay is 10-15m but can vary depending on conditions. The water temperature varies from 20C up to 26C in the summer and we provide full length 5mm wetsuits for all divers.
Group discounts apply for 5 or more passengers. Contact us for more info.
- All staff have completed the mandatory COVID-19 hygiene training and assessment and a minimum of one staff member on board the vessels will have completed the hygiene officer cours
- New procedures have been implemented for all the tours and will be explained during the safety briefing on board our vessels
- Maximum passenger limits have been modified to comply with the current government regulations and seating arrangements are put in place to adhere to social distancing
- All surfaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day during our tours and in our shop
- All dishes provided will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with a food safe sanitizer after each use
- All passengers are encouraged to make their own way to the jetty to minimize being enclosed in a small space on our bus. It is less than a five-minute drive from our shop to the jetty
- All passengers are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle and drinking cup for hot beverages. If you cannot provide your own, you will be allocated one drinking cup for the duration of the tour
- All food provided will be pre-packed in individual servings