Travel north from Brisbane to Australia Zoo enjoying views of the majestic Glasshouse Mountains bordered by pineapple farms and pine forests as you travel along Steve Irwin Way scenic route. There is plenty of time (approximately 6 hours) to experience this wildlife “Theme Park”. Witness many shows including crocodile feeding and snake handling. The handlers even walk some animals through the park so you can get “up close and personal.” Australia Zoo believes in “conservation through exciting education” and will ensure you have a wildlife experience you’ll never forget.
Highlights of this tour
- Travel north to the Sunshine Coast catching glimpses of the magnificent Glasshouse Mountains
- Australia Zoo – made famous by Steve and Terri Irwin and their global documentaries
- Watch the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warrior Show in the Crocoseum where all the crocodile action happens!
- Jump on board Steve’s Safari Shuttle hosted by friendly and knowledgable guides
- Perhaps have a bite to eat at the Feeding Frenzy Foodcourt (own expense)
- Free-flight bird show
- Animal encounters allow you to get amongst it and get involved
- Koalas, kangaroos, snakes, birds, alligators, possums and much more!
- Visit the Tiger Temple – home to the critically endangered Sumatran and Bengal Tigers
- See the amazing multi species Africa exhibit