The Reverse Great Ocean Road Tour enables our guests to experience the National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road in all it’s glory without the crowds. By operating this tour in reverse we avoid all the normal tourist masses that visit the 12 Apostles, giving our guests a better opportunity to capture that picture perfect photograph without crowded lookouts. This Great Ocean Road reverse tour itinerary will visit all the same key destinations and highlights as our Great Ocean Road Experience tour, so rest assured you won’t miss a thing.
The Great Ocean Road Reverse Tour direction enables our passengers to experience the National Heritage-listed Great Ocean Road in all its glory in the reverse direction. By operating this tour in reverse, we avoid all the normal tourist masses that visit the 12 Apostles, giving our passengers a better opportunity to capture that picture-perfect photograph without the crowds. This Great Ocean Road reverse tour itinerary will visit all the same key destinations and highlights as our standard great ocean road tour, so rest assured you won’t miss a thing.
Escape the city by traveling inland direct to the Shipwreck Coast via Colac enjoying a complimentary morning tea along the way. Take a journey and experience the Great Ocean Road reverse tour in the opposite direction to the masses, enabling you to escape the crowds and enjoy this famous & picturesque coastline in all it’s glory. Our first major stop will be the breath-taking 12 Apostles and the extraordinary rock formations of Loch Ard Gorge in Port Campbell. Discover Mutton Bird Island & Razorback lookout, both offering amazing views. Then, enjoy a guided walk through Maits Rest or Melba Gully an ancient rainforest admiring some of the world’s tallest trees in the Great Otway National Park.
We continue our journey along this spectacular National Heritage listed road winding between hillsides, pristine beaches, stunning ocean views and dense rainforest. The Great Ocean Road is famously known as one of the world’s most scenic coastal routes which you will get to enjoy without all the crowds. Our local guides will try to seek out the iconic Australian koala, as this coastal region is heavily populated with these furry creatures hidden within the pockets of Eucalyptus forests.
Stopping next at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch, one of the most photographed spots along this rugged coastline. This monument is a tribute to the World War One serviceman who built the Great Ocean Road stretching 243 kilometres and was finally completed in 1932. A great location to grab a group photo under the archway and share with friends on social media. From here, we sit back relax and enjoy the drive back into the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Melbourne. Driving Distance: 530km.
- Experience the spectacular 12 Apostles shipwreck coast without the crowds
- Visit the pristine beach of Loch Ard Gorge in the glory of a mid-morning sun
- Take a walk in the Great Otway National Park an ancient rainforest
- See the seaside townships of Apollo Bay, Lorne and Aireys Inlet
- Keep your eyes open for Australian wildlife & koala sightings
- Driver along the famous National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road
- Beautiful beaches of the Southern Ocean surf coast
- See the Historic War Memorial Arch, a perfect photo opportunity
- Eco-conscious and sustainable tour experience
- National Park entry fees
- Light picnic style lunch
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- On board water refill station
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Audio translation available in 10 languages
- 12 Apostles scenic helicopter flights – payable onboard direct to operator on arrival
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
What to Bring:
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- All-weather clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Small day bag 5-7kg
- Money for dinner
- Camera to capture every moment.