OPERATES:Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
TOUR DURATION: 10:30 Hours
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Travelodge Resort Darwin, 64 Cavenagh St, Darwin City NT 0800.
- Uncover the spectacular hidden waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Explore the famous cascading plunge pools of Florence Falls, nestled in monsoon forest
- Cool off in shallow pristine pools of Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls
- Marvel at the diverse wetlands of Fogg Dam Conservation and rare bird species
- Visit the impressive century-old Magnetic Termite Mounds located in the Litchfield National Park
- Shhh…. there’s a secret in every tour!
Allow us to show you one of our favourite places on earth… Litchfield National Park. Just over an hours drive from the city. We leave Darwin and make our way towards the world class Litchfield National Park surrounded by thick pockets of tropical rainforest, it offers cool respite from the Top End heat.
Stopping along the way you’ll have an opportunity to jump on the famous Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra) on the Adelaide River, alternatively we visit the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve’s management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll visit some incredible monolithic Magnetic Termite Mounds and then have an opportunity to cool off in one of Litchfield’s beautiful natural plunge pools like Buley Rockholes or Wangi Falls. Visit a thundering waterfall like Florence Falls or Tolmer Falls and marvel at the sheer beauty carved out amongst the rocky escarpment. Fully relaxed and rejuvenated after a day in the stunning tropical national park we make our way back to Darwin. Meals: n/a, Driving Distance: 317 km, Walking Distance: ~1km / 2km.
*This itinerary schedule is interchangeable during seasonal weather fluctuations or during park closures due to traditional land owner ceremonies.
- National Park entry fees
- Best swimming rock pools
- Guided nature walk
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Inner city pick up and drop off service
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
Refillable water bottle – 1L, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, swimwear & towel, comfortable walking shoes, all weather clothing, tropical strength insect repellent, money for snack and meals, camera.
Child fare prices apply from 6 to 12 years old. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years old and under, due to safety requirements and the level of fitness required to complete the walks.